-   -   large text amount in cell will not display in the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30839-large-text-amount-cell-will-not-display-cell.html)

dbelch01

large text amount in cell will not display in the cell

With a large amount of text in a cell, word wrap enabled, row autofit
enabled, column width 81.71, only 12 lines of text will display. The total
text will display in the formula bar. I can manually increase the row
height, but the additional text will not display. How do I increase the
amount of text displayed in an individual cell?

Thanks.
--
dbelch01

RagDyeR

Add some manual (forced) line breaks - <Alt <Enter - at some appropriate
places.

This will increase the amount of displayed text.
--

HTH,

RD

"dbelch01" wrote in message
With a large amount of text in a cell, word wrap enabled, row autofit
enabled, column width 81.71, only 12 lines of text will display. The total
text will display in the formula bar. I can manually increase the row
height, but the additional text will not display. How do I increase the
amount of text displayed in an individual cell?

Thanks.
--
dbelch01

JE McGimpsey

XL's specifications are that cells can contain 32767 characters, of
which 1024 will be displayed or printed.

You can enter a manual linefeed (Alt-Enter) at least every 1024
characters to bypass the display limit.

In article ,
"dbelch01" wrote:

With a large amount of text in a cell, word wrap enabled, row autofit
enabled, column width 81.71, only 12 lines of text will display. The total
text will display in the formula bar. I can manually increase the row
height, but the additional text will not display. How do I increase the
amount of text displayed in an individual cell?

Dave Peterson

Add alt-enters (to force a new line within the cell) every 80-100 characters.