-   -   Any tips for reducing Exce file size with charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30793-any-tips-reducing-exce-file-size-charts.html)

jmoffat

Any tips for reducing Exce file size with charts

Many of my colleagues insist on embedding charts into their workbooks.

This practice results in the excel file size increasing dramatically.

Are there any top tips for chart creation that could reduce the size

- only use an unfilled background
- use line charts only
etc ...

??????

--
jmoffat
jmoffat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1151

funkymonkUK

when you say embedding are they creating charts from one workbook or are
they copying and pasting charts from other workbooks.

I know for example that say your have a excel file with charts in and
want to add charts to a powerpoint presentation if you just copy and
paste then say the file is 1MB and you need 5 charts what happens is it
copys that file file times so you end up with a 5mb presentation instead
copy and paste special as a picture of bitmap.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18135