-   -   Why when I go to sort does it automatically highlight from #1028? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30775-why-when-i-go-sort-does-automatically-highlight-1028-a.html)

Ruth

Why when I go to sort does it automatically highlight from #1028?

I now have Microsoft 2003. When I go to data, then sort it always highlights
from #1028 but I want to sort the whole chart.

I can't manage to find the 'select all' button and surely I don't have to
manually highlight the whole thing !!
Ruth

Debra Dalgleish

To quickly select the entire table, press Ctrl + *

If the entire table isn't selected when you use this shortcut, perhaps
there's a blank row somewhere in the table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List