-   -   List Files in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30733-list-files-excel.html)

PeterO

List Files in excel

*List Files in excel* Hi Guys,

I need some help, I am new to VB and I am looking to create an excel
sheet that I can point at a folder and and create a file listing from
it. For example:

File Name, Creation date, file type, file size.

I would like to have just one button that asks me to point a the folder
and it does the rest.

any advice would be really helpful

Peter

--
PeterO
PeterO's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24313

Ron Coderre

Well, you won't evenhave to leave the ExcelForum for the code you need.
It's right here . . . . .

http://tinyurl.com/7djq3

If that link gives you any trouble, then...from any of the forum
pages:
Select the ExcelTips tab
Select "Files, Workbook, and Worksheets in VBA " from the list
Select "List files in a folder with Office 97 or later using VBA in
Microsoft Excel" from the next list.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Gord Dibben

Peter

Why re-invent the wheel?

One method to pull directly to Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in.
This allows filtering and sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-insDirectory Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Load through ToolsAdd-ins to get a Menu Item added to your Toolbar for
one-click service.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP