-   -   Counting unique text/number cells from a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30726-counting-unique-text-number-cells-range.html)

sudeepd12

Counting unique text/number cells from a range

Please consider a long range of text cells containing A, B, C, D....Z
and more.

Lets say it goes from H1 to H1500

A -H1

Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT((H1:H1500<"")/COUNTIF(H1:H1500,H1:H1500&""))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
sudeepd12
wrote:

Please consider a long range of text cells containing A, B, C, D....Z
and more.

Lets say it goes from H1 to H1500

A -H1

sudeepd12

Thanks for the command. It gives the number of distinctive or unique
values in the range.

Could you suggest a way to get the count of each of the repetitive
values without having to specify each using the COUNTIF command.

For instance
-----------
jbushnel --A1
jbreen
jthayer
rrobinson
ajagmag
jthayer
jbushnel --A7
-----------

I am looking for a formula which will split the results as:

A8-- jbushnell 2--B8
jthayer 2
rrobinson 1
ajagmag 1
jbreen 1

Is this possible?Please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Sudeep

--
sudeepd12