-   -   Formula Audit Toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3070-formula-audit-toolbar.html)

RJB

Formula Audit Toolbar

I have imported some huge data files, and Excel is reading the numbers and
dates as text. I can click on the Formula Audit Toolbar, and it will scroll
through each cell - all 64,000 of them!, giving me the options.

Is there a way to just blanket the column and say, yes, convert XX to 20XX,
and in the next column, yes, convert text to number, etc.???

Dave Peterson

If your dates are in one column, maybe you could use data|text to columns.

Tell excel that its a date (mdy, ydm, whatever matches) and excel may be able to
figure it out.

If you have 12/31/04 in a cell (mdy) and that matches your regional
settings--maybe you could just:
Edit|Replace
what: /
with: /
replace all.

You may want to post more about what your data looks like if this didn't help.

--

Dave Peterson