-   -   validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30625-validation.html)

MIKE0W

validation

When creating a validation for a list how can I create a link to a list
a column in another workbook? Say I have a spread sheet and I want c4
through validation to give me a pull down with a list of what is a
column called subject in another workbook?

--
MIKE0W
MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21465

Bob Phillips

No, not another workbook.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"MIKE0W" wrote in
message ...

When creating a validation for a list how can I create a link to a list
a column in another workbook? Say I have a spread sheet and I want c4
through validation to give me a pull down with a list of what is a
column called subject in another workbook?

--
MIKE0W
MIKE0W's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378975

olasa

Define a name (Menu:InsertNameDefine...)
Name: list
Refers to: =DataValWb.xls!CustName
Then use Validationtab Settings, Allow:List, Source: =list

Ola

Source: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html

--
olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378975

Bob Phillips

Oops of course. I only tested with a name in the book. So ignore my
response.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips