-   -   Can you help!!!!! New Puzzle (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30496-can-you-help-new-puzzle.html)

Krefty

Can you help!!!!! New Puzzle

Good Day and Thank You very much for looking at my situation......

I have a Excel workbook that has been so manipulated over the years and its
nearly impossible to Manage anymore. I am wondering if there are any
examples of existing databases that already exist or if you can assist me
with the following. I ca send a copy of this workbook if you would like the
challenge of solving this workbook problem.

Current Month Comparing Data against the Same Month of last year. I will
attempt to explain how it currently works within Excel.

Each Month is set-up or manipulated to have last years (Same Month) Cells
A:54-F:54 entered before the month starts so that Fiscal and Calendar
comparisons can be made. Oct 1 - Sept 30 (Makes Fiscal) Jan 1 to Dec 31
(Makes Calendar).

Employees take data from various reports for simplest terms

What I need is Current Month of:
Day of Week (Set Up each month
Date
Actual Degree Day (manually entered for 10 weather areas each day)
Core (Entered Each Day)
Non-Core (Entered Each Day)
Total System Sendout (Total of Core and Non-Core)

Then based on criteria that is laoded at the end of each month at Q:56 -
T:56 is used in summing up and coming up with comparing;
Month to Date
Quarter to Date
Year to Date (Fiscal)
Year to Date (Calendar)

I am somewhat novice to the power of macros and queries and such I was just
thinking that there must be a easier process that allows very little
manipualtion month to month and quarter to quarter.

Again thanks and please email me if you would like a copy of this odd
workbook.....

Krefty