-   -   Text appear in formula bar but not in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30383-text-appear-formula-bar-but-not-cell.html)

Usman Meer

Text appear in formula bar but not in cell

Hi,
With reference to the subject, I have tried Wrap text and Rows/Columns
Autofit but nothing works. Also all the typed text does not appear in the
printout.
Please advise.

sanskar_d

Try this.

Go to Edit -- Clear -- Formats.

I think this will solve the problem.

If not mail me the sheet on

--
sanskar_d
sanskar_d's Profile:

Peter Rooney

Usman,

Is your font colour set to white?
Is your number format set to ;;; (don't display anything)?
Try changing your font colour to black, or the number format to "0.00" (for
example)

Hope this helps

Pete

"Usman Meer" wrote:

Hi,
With reference to the subject, I have tried Wrap text and Rows/Columns
Autofit but nothing works. Also all the typed text does not appear in the
printout.
Please advise.

Gord Dibben

Usman

Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow
32,767 characters to be entered in a cell.

However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can
be printed"

To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate
spots.

The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit.

How far is not really known. Just experiment.

.........From Dave Peterson..........

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

Failing that, use a Text Box to store the text.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP