-   -   VB code help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30315-vbulletin-code-help.html)

Gordon Byrne

VB code help

Hi, I need help writing a simple code that will take a number between 1-4,
out of a single colum in a specific worksheet and identify it with a word.
ie. 1=Breakfast, 2=Lunch, 3=Supper and 4=Night.

Here is a little back ground, I wrote a program in my TI calc that stores
1-4 to represent the meal time. I now have taken that Matrix from my calc
and opened it as a worksheet to make a graph out of it. on my graph I want
the words "Breakfast", "Lunch", ect. spelled out at the corresponding spot.

Ive done VB code before but I have kind of forgotten most of it :(

Thanks for any help. I have cross referenced this in both programing, and
misc excel groups.

Gordy

R.VENKATARAMAN

you need not use vba .you can use spreadsheet formula

your data is from A1 down

try this formula in cell in B1
=IF(A1=1,"breakfast",IF(A1=2,"lunch",IF(A1=3,"supp er",IF(A1=4,"night"))))
now copy this formula B1 down.

chang according to your database

if you can use vba use "select"

Gordon Byrne wrote in message
m...
Hi, I need help writing a simple code that will take a number between 1-4,
out of a single colum in a specific worksheet and identify it with a word.
ie. 1=Breakfast, 2=Lunch, 3=Supper and 4=Night.

Here is a little back ground, I wrote a program in my TI calc that stores
1-4 to represent the meal time. I now have taken that Matrix from my calc
and opened it as a worksheet to make a graph out of it. on my graph I

want
the words "Breakfast", "Lunch", ect. spelled out at the corresponding

spot.

Ive done VB code before but I have kind of forgotten most of it :(

Thanks for any help. I have cross referenced this in both programing, and
misc excel groups.

Gordy

Andy Wiggins

=CHOOSE(A1,"breakfast","lunch","supper","night")

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Gordon Byrne" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I need help writing a simple code that will take a number between 1-4,
out of a single colum in a specific worksheet and identify it with a word.
ie. 1=Breakfast, 2=Lunch, 3=Supper and 4=Night.

Here is a little back ground, I wrote a program in my TI calc that stores
1-4 to represent the meal time. I now have taken that Matrix from my calc
and opened it as a worksheet to make a graph out of it. on my graph I

want
the words "Breakfast", "Lunch", ect. spelled out at the corresponding

spot.

Ive done VB code before but I have kind of forgotten most of it :(

Thanks for any help. I have cross referenced this in both programing, and
misc excel groups.

Gordy

Don Guillett

One way using code