-   -   How do I send an Excel file that isn't read-only? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3026-how-do-i-send-excel-file-isnt-read-only.html)

Dave

How do I send an Excel file that isn't read-only?

I keep receiving files that are coming in as read-only. How can I tell
people to send me files that aren't read-only?

Thanx,
Dave

Frank Kabel

Hi
probably depends on your email client settings. So probably not an Excel
question but a general issue for receiving attachments. Does this happen to
Word files for example as well?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Dave wrote:
I keep receiving files that are coming in as read-only. How can I
tell people to send me files that aren't read-only?

Thanx,
Dave

Jon Peltier

Dave -

As Frank points out, that's an email artifact. Save the file to disk first, then
open it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP