-   -   why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30169-why-does-zip-4-get-deleted-when-saving-excel-file-dbf.html)

KevinPlays

why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF

Each time I try to export, to dbf, an address list created in Excel it
deletes the Zip+4 when in the xxxxx-xxxx format I need, Please help.

Dave Peterson

In my simple test, the digits didn't get deleted, but the formatting was gone
when I reopened the .dbf file in excel.

If I typed in the zip+4 as text (preformat the cells as text or started with a
leading apostrophe '12345-1234), then the text was kept in tact.

--

Dave Peterson