-   -   I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30147-i-cannot-paste-one-workbook-another-copy-works-paste-do.html)

JimmyMc

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.

When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears
to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the
workbook to which I attempt to paste.

Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste??

Dennis

Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected.

If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work.

BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content?

Dennis