-   -   Using a = sign (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30053-using-%3D-sign.html)

Dean

Using a = sign

I need to use an equal sign as a constant and get an #Value error. I have
preceeded the equal sign with a single quote ' and surrounded it with double
quotes but still get the error. Any ideas???

Dave Peterson

Like in a cell by itself.

Either preformat the cell as text, then type: =

or type:
'=
(notice the leading apostrophe. It forces excel to treat the entry as text.)

--

Dave Peterson

CLR

Maybe try a leading SPACE before the equal sign...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3