-   -   Pivot Table Drill Down Number Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2999-pivot-table-drill-down-number-formatting.html)

Gregg Riemer

Pivot Table Drill Down Number Formatting

When you double-click a cell in the data area or a pivot table, Excel places
the detail data summarized in the cell on a new worksheet.

Unfortunately, the number formatting on the new worksheet doesn't seem to
follow the formatting of the source data. I can use the Format, Style,
Number to make the formatting the same for each numeric field, but I don't
want the same format for each numeric field. For example, I want some of the
columns to be comma with 3 decimal places and others to have no decimal
places just like they are in the source data for the pivot table.

Any suggestions?

Debra Dalgleish

You can use the Format Painter button on the toolbar, to copy the
formatting from the source data, and apply it to the detail sheet.

Do this manually, or record a macro, then run the macro as required.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List