-   -   Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/29952-formula.html)

Ronda

Formula

I need help creating a a formula to accrue vacation time and subtract when
used. For example I need each month to be .83, but have a total of all the
time for each month so I then can subtract what has been used.

JR

....put the number of the month you are in in cell A1 (Jan=1, Feb=2, etc.).
In cell A2, type "=A1*.83".
In cell A3, across to cell L3, type month abreviations (Jan, Feb, etc.)
In cells A4 through L4, type the time taken throughout the year.
In cell B2 type "=sum(A4:L4)"
In cell C2 type "=A2-B2" this will be time remaining at the current month
to date.
(just remember to change cell A1 each month)