-   -   Rolling Year in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/29831-re-rolling-year-excel.html)

JJC

Rolling Year in Excel

I have a similiar situation, however, I would also like a rolling 6 months
and 18 months, any idea how you would do that?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
first the SUMIF formula syntax:
=SUMIF(range_to_check,condition,range_to_sum)

So of course the first range is A1:A100 (your dates) and the last range
is column B 8your values. Now the condition part:
"=" & DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),1)

The DATE formula part uses the current day and creates a date that is
equivalent to the first day of the month 12 months ago. e.g.
TODAY()=13-Jul-2004
This Date formula create the date
1-Jul-2003

Now this is just combined with "=" to get all values which have a date
greater or equal than this calculated date

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jay S. wrote:
Thank you so much for a quick response!!! Solved my problem exactly,
I am wondering if you might be abel to tell me what the formula does
exactly, I know it does it but what are the specific parts of the
formula doing?

Thanks,
Jay

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi Jay
if column A really consists of date values which are just formated

as
MMMM-YY (but are entered like MM-01-YYYY) then try the following
formula
=SUMIF(A1:A100,"=" &

DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),1),B1:B100)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jay S. wrote:
I am wondering iif I can get Excel to give me the sum of just the
last twelve months in a tabel that contains multiple years.

Example
he Month/Year Days Used
January-02 2
February-02 15