-   -   enter a current date in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/29627-enter-current-date-cell.html)

Tpeyton77

enter a current date in a cell?

How can I enter a formula in a cell so that when I click on that cell it will
show today's date or the current date?

Nick Hodge

You can only get excel to do stuff when you click by using a worksheet
change event. If you want to enter the current time or date quickly, try
Ctrl+; or Ctrl+Shift+:

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Tpeyton77" wrote in message
How can I enter a formula in a cell so that when I click on that cell it
will
show today's date or the current date?

Anki

Try the Today() function - don't need to enter anything between brackets.