-   -   How do I read tab numbers into formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/29622-how-do-i-read-tab-numbers-into-formula.html)

Gregg

How do I read tab numbers into formula?

I want to use the tab number to automatically create a date. For example, I
want to use tab number 1 to create a date in a cell on the same page. 1 for
the 1st, 10 for the 10th, etc. How do I read the tab number into my formula?

JE McGimpsey

take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formu..._function.html

In article ,
"Gregg" wrote:

I want to use the tab number to automatically create a date. For example, I
want to use tab number 1 to create a date in a cell on the same page. 1 for
the 1st, 10 for the 10th, etc. How do I read the tab number into my formula?

Gregg

Thanks so much... works great for what I needed!