Kimmerz321

Default Links updating?

I have a workbook that, once upon a time, linked to five external
workbooks. I have since cleaned up the workbook so that it only links
to one external workbook. However, whenever I open the sheet and am
prompted to update the links, it tells me that one of my links won't
update. When I click into the list of links (which now only has the
link to the one external workbook that I am still linking to), it says
the status is ok, and if I update them through that box, I get no
errors. Any idea how I can get it to stop telling me there is an error
if there is not?

--
Kimmerz321
Kimmerz321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24105

planner in Maryland USA

Try this:
Open Excel. Under Tools-Options-Calculation, select the Update remote
references box.
Open your workbook. Make sure the box (in above path) is checked. save your
workbook this way after updating the link.
Close workbook and Excel.
Restart Excel and open your workbook. This process worked for someone at
our plant with this exact problem. If you still get the same error, look
under defined names and delete all that you don't need or that have broken
formulae. Run a FindLink if this doesn't clear up the trouble.