-   -   Sorting in a shared workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/29514-sorting-shared-workbook.html)

Mark Jackson

Sorting in a shared workbook

Hello,

I am using a shared workbook over a network and I am having problems sorting
my worksheet. When I highlight the data I want to sort (A2:M20) it
automatically highlights the entire row (2:20). How can I get it to sort
only the data I have Highlighted? If I take the spreadsheet off of "shared"
it works fine. I am using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Dave Peterson

That's the way excel works with a shared workbook.

Maybe just putting the data on that row that should be sorted would be
sufficient.

(Move the data to the right/left to another worksheet or lower on that same
worksheet???)

--

Dave Peterson