-   -   Automatically increase Named Ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2935-automatically-increase-named-ranges.html)

Gerrym

Automatically increase Named Ranges

Can I automatically increase Named Ranges as I input data ?

Frank Kabel

Hi
use a dynamic name such as
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Gerrym" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Can I automatically increase Named Ranges as I input data ?

Aladin Akyurek

Lets suppose that the area of interest is in A:C on Sheet1, with labels
in A1:C1, and column B is of numeric type (numbers, hours, or dates) and
the area crimps or expands only in vertical direction...

Define Drange (of Data Range) as referring to:

=Sheet1!$A$2:INDEX(Sheet1!$C:$C,MATCH(9.9999999999 9999E+307,Sheet1!$B:$B))

Gerrym wrote:
Can I automatically increase Named Ranges as I input data ?

Gerrym

Frank, I originally set up the range by marking it and
then entering the name of the range in the NAME BOX. Them
I amended the range using the INSERT/NAME/DEFINE menus and
although the range name is here it has dissapeared from
the NAME BOX list and I get an error in the sheet that is
using the new range in calculation. Do you kno why this
is. Tks for help so far.