-   -   Organize Excel sheets properly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/29095-organize-excel-sheets-properly.html)

lunker55

Organize Excel sheets properly

I am trying to organize my sheets properly. Someone on this group gave me a
link to a site that tells you how to do it.
All I can remember is that there were three steps/styles to do this. Does
anyone know what I am talking about, or how to find my old posts on the
internet.
Thanks,
Joe

Bob Phillips

Do you mean sort them alphabetically?
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"lunker55" wrote in message
I am trying to organize my sheets properly. Someone on this group gave me

link to a site that tells you how to do it.
All I can remember is that there were three steps/styles to do this. Does
anyone know what I am talking about, or how to find my old posts on the
internet.
Thanks,
Joe

lunker55

No. It might have been from the Microsoft site. It was a way to enter data
in a large database professionally.
I posted a link to my excel file, and the person that saw it, told me to go
to this web page because I could be entering my data in a better way.
I think it was grouping similar entries by using a new column with a tag.
Sorry I can't describe it properly.
joe

"lunker55" wrote in message
I am trying to organize my sheets properly. Someone on this group gave me a
link to a site that tells you how to do it.
All I can remember is that there were three steps/styles to do this. Does
anyone know what I am talking about, or how to find my old posts on the
internet.
Thanks,
Joe

lunker55

I finally found it after a few hours looking on the net.
Joe

"lunker55" wrote in message
I am trying to organize my sheets properly. Someone on this group gave me a
link to a site that tells you how to do it.
All I can remember is that there were three steps/styles to do this. Does
anyone know what I am talking about, or how to find my old posts on the
internet.
Thanks,
Joe

Bob Phillips