ocaptain

Default Excel should open workbooks in seperate windows like Word does

I'm using Office 2003 for Windows and I have a multimonitor setup. If I have
2 Word docs open, I can have each in a seperate window, allowing me to place
them in seperate monitors. Excel and PowerPoint do not allow that - all open
docs are in the one program window. I would like to have this functionality
as well. I also have a Mac, and Excel for the Mac lets you do this, no
problem.

Thanks!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Chip Pearson

I agree. But as a workaround, you could resize your Excel program
window to cover both monitors, and have each document window in
its own monitor.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ocaptain" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2003 for Windows and I have a multimonitor
setup. If I have
2 Word docs open, I can have each in a seperate window,
allowing me to place
them in seperate monitors. Excel and PowerPoint do not allow
that - all open
docs are in the one program window. I would like to have this
functionality
as well. I also have a Mac, and Excel for the Mac lets you do
this, no
problem.

Thanks!!!

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds
to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based
Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

ocaptain

"Chip Pearson" wrote:
I agree. But as a workaround, you could resize your Excel program
window to cover both monitors, and have each document window in
its own monitor.

Thanks Chip... Yeah, I would normally do that, but I have a 17", 21", and
another 17, left to right, and they are at different heights for my work
area, kind of like a jet fighter, so I can't maximize a clean window...

Looking forward to a future revision, though :-)

-Anthony