-   -   How do I link many cells to one particular cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2905-how-do-i-link-many-cells-one-particular-cell.html)

justinfishman22

How do I link many cells to one particular cell?

I am trying to link multiple cells to one particular cell and can't seem to
do it. I want the multiple cells not just to have the same information but
be connected to the same cell. I want multiple cells to take the information
from ex. cell D4. So everytime i change cell D4 every cell that is linked to
it changes. Do I have to input =D4 into every single cell that I want to
link or is there an easy way to mass link?

dlw

enter =$D$4 in one cell and copy it to the rest. The $ keeps the address
from changing relatively.

Dave Peterson

Are the cells on the same worksheet?

If yes, you could select all the cells that should get that formula and type
this:

=$d$4
but hit control enter to populate all the cells in the selection.
(the $'s keep excel from adjusting the address for each cell)

If D4 can be empty, you may want a formula like:

(If d4 is empty, then =d4 will return a 0.)

--

Dave Peterson