-   -   Preserving Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28775-preserving-formulas.html)

drwexcel

Preserving Formulas

I have some simple raw data corresponding to five variables. I am
constructing a table where, given a value for one of the variables and
using the FORECAST function, the predicted values for the other four
variables are calculated given the correlation of the raw data.
However, I would like to make this table dynamic - so that I could
input a value for ANY one of the five variables and return the expected
values for the other four. As of now I do not know how to do this.
Perhaps if there was a way to preserve the formula in each of the cells
while still being able to input an arbitrary value... Thanks if anyone
can help.

Here's an example.

LGA ___________ _____________ __________
ORD 625.9340367 858.9261254 1091.918214
CVG 267.2557374 410.4415353 553.6273332
PHL -87.6798514 45.89963219 179.4791158
ATL -9.399719296 300.0308058 609.4613309

The values for LGA would be the value that I would input. However, I
would like to modify this table so that I could enter a value for any
of those variables such as ORD or PHL and return the resulting four
forecasts.

--
drwexcel
drwexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23937