-   -   How do you remove excess spaces from an Excel field? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28699-how-do-you-remove-excess-spaces-excel-field.html)

sarah_jane

How do you remove excess spaces from an Excel field?

I have 9000+ fields that have excess spaces at the front of each figure.
I have tried to use the TRIM function but have not met with teh desired
result.
Is there an easy/quick way of removing the excess spaces?

R.VENKATARAMAN

use trimall macro in the following url

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm