-   -   How can I automatically remove duplicate data within a column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28595-how-can-i-automatically-remove-duplicate-data-within-column.html)

MECG

How can I automatically remove duplicate data within a column?

Is there a way to automatically remove duplicated data within a column in
Excel? For example, I have a column of over 10000 rows. The cell contents
are call numbers, many of them are duplicate and I'd like to remove them
without sorting and manually removing them.

Duke Carey

Chip Pearson has a means for doing this at

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm

If it is just a single column, though, you can use DataFilterAdvanced
Filter. Once there, select Copy to a new Location and Unique Records only.
That will give you a list of unique values in your column - i.e., no
duplicates