-   -   Displaying data based on a TRUE/FALSE value in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28524-displaying-data-based-true-false-value-cell.html)

static69

Displaying data based on a TRUE/FALSE value in a cell

I have 3 sheets with peoples names and several test scores for each
person on it. (A3:O3 would be one persons data persay.) Each person has
a checkbox next to it to identify if they are eligible for awards. This
check box turns the value of cell A1 to TRUE if checked and FALSE if
unchecked. I want a sheet that will show all of the peoples names from
each of the three sheets that has a FALSE value in column A. I only
need columns B, C, and O displayed on the new page. If at all possible
can make them automatically show in order from the highest to lowest
Value in column O? :confused:

--
static69
static69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11075

MrShorty

Would some kind of auto/advanced filter serve your purposes? For
example, it would be pretty easy to set up an autofilter to show all
the rows for which A1=TRUE, then hide the columns you don't want to
show.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375237

static69

That sounds like an answer to me, yet when i try to do this i can not it
to work. Can I please get a quick rundown of how to set up the auto
filter? I have never used it before.

--
static69
static69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11075
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375237

mangesh_yadav

Select the header column, click on Data Filter AutoFilter.
Select the down arrow box for the true-false column and select true (or
false as required)

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav