-   -   How to Make Graphic Uneditable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28516-how-make-graphic-uneditable.html)

Chaplain Doug

How to Make Graphic Uneditable

Excel 2003. I have created a "switchboard" type menu on an Excel worksheet,
with controls and graphics. Before I put this out for general use, I would
like to make it so that a user cannot go into design mode on the workbook and
whenever a user clicks on one of the graphics, the "handles" (the things that
allow one to resize, move, etc. the graphic) or whatever they are called do
not appear. How do I accomplish these things. Thanks for the help
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry

Earl Kiosterud

Doug,

Can you not use Tools - Protection - Protect sheet, with a password? It's
not difficult to crack (there are cracking programs out there), but it keeps
the honest people out.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Chaplain Doug" wrote in message
Excel 2003. I have created a "switchboard" type menu on an Excel
worksheet,
with controls and graphics. Before I put this out for general use, I
would
like to make it so that a user cannot go into design mode on the workbook
and
whenever a user clicks on one of the graphics, the "handles" (the things
that
allow one to resize, move, etc. the graphic) or whatever they are called
do
not appear. How do I accomplish these things. Thanks for the help
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
www.goodnewsjail.org

CyberTaz

Hi Doug-

How about ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet and put checks in whatever boxes
required by your sheet. Just make sure to _not_ check the box for Edit
Objects.

HTH |:)