-   -   Automatic Sorting????? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28280-automatic-sorting.html)

Bigredno8

Automatic Sorting?????

OK,I am keeping track of my baseball kids stats,each tab represents each
game,plus one that is a season total,now what I want to do is when I add
new game stats,is it possible for it to automatically sort it according
to batting avg,or is that asking to much

Thanks

--
Bigredno8
Bigredno8's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17162

RagDyer

You could enter a formula in a "helper " column, which would *display* the
averages in a sorted manner.

You would then have to use something like Vlookup to have the "rest" of the
data (names, positions, at bats), follow the displayed averages along the
row for each player.

Say your averages were in C5 to C29.

Try this:
=LARGE($C$5:$C$29,ROW(A1))
And copy down.
--
HTH,

RD

"Bigredno8" wrote
in message ...

OK,I am keeping track of my baseball kids stats,each tab represents each
game,plus one that is a season total,now what I want to do is when I add
new game stats,is it possible for it to automatically sort it according
to batting avg,or is that asking to much

Thanks

--
Bigredno8
Bigredno8's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374816

BenjieLop

Bigredno8 Wrote:
OK,I am keeping track of my baseball kids stats,each tab represents each
game,plus one that is a season total,now what I want to do is when I add
new game stats,is it possible for it to automatically sort it according
to batting avg,or is that asking to much

Thanks

Go to

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm

for an excellent explanation (with examples) on ranking.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374816

Bigredno8

Thanks for the replies,I will try them and let you know how it turns
out

Thanks again
Steve