-   -   Better Fill Colors? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2827-better-fill-colors.html)

callmekilo

Better Fill Colors?

Is there a pallette or something I can make or get better colors from
than the ones that pop up automatically under fill. The lightest gray
is pretty gray. No off-white, etc.

Dave Peterson

You can choose from 56 colors in excel.

But you can change those 56 colors via
tools|options|colors|modify

But the color pallete you use is associated with that workbook.

So you could create a workbook that has the colors you want. Then save
this workbook as a template for all new workbooks.

If that's what you want to do:
Start a new workbook.
change the color
(and modify it to your heart's content)

Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page
orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook???

Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as book.xlt

Then when you click on that New icon, the new workbook will inherit all those
settings.

=====

David McRitchie has some notes on how excel uses colors at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

You may want to look at
format|cells|patterns
and choosing a pattern, too.