-   -   Rounding up to the nearest nickel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28211-rounding-up-nearest-nickel.html)

jhangas

Rounding up to the nearest nickel

Help! I have a massive pricing update I need to put together rather
quickly.
I'm using the Roundup function in excel and I need dollar values to be
rounded up to the nearest nickel. IE- $3.73 will become $3.75, 3.78
would become 3.80, etc.

I can not seem to figure this out. The closest I can get is making a
number round up to the nearest dime, but can not seem to get it to
round up to the nearest nickel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Jeff

--
jhangas
jhangas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23814

anilsolipuram

if the value is in cell b2, in c2 you can use
=CEILING(B2,0.05)

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271

JE McGimpsey

one way:

=CEILING(A1, 0.05)

In article ,
jhangas wrote:

Help! I have a massive pricing update I need to put together rather
quickly.
I'm using the Roundup function in excel and I need dollar values to be
rounded up to the nearest nickel. IE- $3.73 will become $3.75, 3.78
would become 3.80, etc.

I can not seem to figure this out. The closest I can get is making a
number round up to the nearest dime, but can not seem to get it to
round up to the nearest nickel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Jeff

jhangas

guys, this is excellent info and I'm now rolling. Thanks!