-   -   Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28145-print-spreadsheet-tabs-workbook-list.html)

Jugglertwo

Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List?

Is there any way to print the names of the spreadsheet tabs in a workbook?
I would like to print a list of the 50 worksheet tabs that I have in my
workbook to a paper.
It would be ideal if the list could be produced on another spreadsheet in
this same workbook.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks !
Tim

Barb R.

This pdf has a macro that will do that:

http://www.nesug.org/html/Proceeding...04/po/po07.pdf

The macro is

Sub worksheet_names()
Dim WS As Worksheet
Sheets.Add.Name = "Worksheet_Names"
For Each WS In Worksheets
Cells(WS.Index, 1).Value = WS.Name
Next WS
End Sub

It will create a worksheet named "Worksheet_Names" and put the worksheet
names on it.
"Jugglertwo" wrote:

Is there any way to print the names of the spreadsheet tabs in a workbook?
I would like to print a list of the 50 worksheet tabs that I have in my
workbook to a paper.
It would be ideal if the list could be produced on another spreadsheet in
this same workbook.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks !
Tim

Norman Jones

Hi Jugglertwo,

You might also look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jugglertwo" wrote in message
Is there any way to print the names of the spreadsheet tabs in a workbook?
I would like to print a list of the 50 worksheet tabs that I have in my
workbook to a paper.
It would be ideal if the list could be produced on another spreadsheet in
this same workbook.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks !
Tim

Gord Dibben

Tim

Macro ok?

''list of sheet names in a workbook - placed on a new worksheet
Sub ShowNames()
Set wkbkToCount = ActiveWorkbook
iRow = 1
With Sheets.Add