-   -   Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28129-formula.html)

FLWalton

Formula

I am tasked with matching names in one date base with names in an other data
base. Is there a formula that will match names from both?

Naz

When you say databse do you mean within Access or another Database or when
you say database are simply referring to a list.

1) If its two lists in Excel, you can explore the MATCH and VLOOKUP functions.

2) If its two recordsets in a database you can use the MS Query tool in
Excel to pull through the information into a spreadsheet and then compare the
two lists.

3) If is two databases then in Access there is a matching wizard.

You may want to post back with more details for a more accurate answer.

Naz,
London