-   -   Calendar Selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28124-calendar-selection.html)

DNA

Calendar Selection

I would like to have a cell validation with a calendar function. You've
seen it; someone clicks on cell and instead of getting a dropdown list,
you have a calendar you can select from with month and years to change
from. Once the user selects the appropriate date, it places that date in
the cell.

Can this be done??

Norman Jones

Hi DNA,

See:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"DNA" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
I would like to have a cell validation with a calendar function. You've
seen it; someone clicks on cell and instead of getting a dropdown list,
you have a calendar you can select from with month and years to change
from. Once the user selects the appropriate date, it places that date in
the cell.

Can this be done??

DNA

This worked great! One more question, is there some way to have the
Calendar automatically popup with the user's is on a particular? Right
now they have to right-click the cell, I would like, when they come to a
date cell I select, for the caledar to popup automatically.

Thanks!

Norman Jones

Hi DNA,

DNA" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
This worked great! One more question, is there some way to have the
Calendar automatically popup with the user's is on a particular? Right
now they have to right-click the cell, I would like, when they come to a
date cell I select, for the caledar to popup automatically.

Thanks!

I think that Ron de Bruin's code already provides exactly this
functionality. As coded, the calendar pops up in response to cell selection.

---
Regards,
Norman

"

DNA

Norman, I've gone back through the code and don't see where it
automatically pops up when the cursor is over a particular cell. The code
I got was from Martin Green.