-   -   Cannat paste that macro formula onto a worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28088-cannat-paste-macro-formula-onto-worksheet.html)

Stephen White

Cannat paste that macro formula onto a worksheet

When I try to copy cells from one worksheet to another in the same
workbook (using both Excel 97 and Excell 2000) I get the message

Cannot copy that macro formula onto a worksheet

I get this even when the cell being copied does not contain a formula
although the worksheet/workbook does contain macros.

As far as I am aware neither the workbook nor worksheets are protected.

I can't find any help either in Excel Help or in the Microsoft Knowledge
Base.

--
Stephen White )

bigtim

Have you tried paste special and selecting formula?

Love Big Tim x

--
bigtim
bigtim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23747

Stephen White

Yes, that seems to do the trick.

But why doesn't clicking the Paste button do it equally well?

In article , bigtim
writes

bigtim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...=getinfo&useri