-   -   pivot table: create worksheetsheet using pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/28015-re-pivot-table-create-worksheetsheet-using-pivot-table.html)

Pivot Tables and New Worksheets

pivot table: create worksheetsheet using pivot table

I am trying to do this but when I click on the total line and try to get it
to open up into a new worksheet I get the following error "Can't Show or Hide
Detail for this Selection." What do I do?

"Bud" wrote:

While working in a pivot table, I accidentally created a new worksheet in my
file with isolated data from the report e.g. pivot table shows all days of
the month with totals for each deposit account... my 'accident' created a
sheet with all the data for a single date. It turns out, this would be a
useful tool for my manager, but we cannot reproduce my accident. My mouse
was on the blitz and after a few solo selections the new worksheet appeared.
Does anyone know how to do this (intentionally)?

Please help.

Liny

Are you clicking on the cell with a number value?