-   -   How to protect a column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27991-how-protect-column.html)

xpucto

How to protect a column?

Hi!

I would like to protect some hidden columns. When I choose
"protection" in the menu, I only find the possibility to define area to
be modifed but I would like to do the opposite: define which areas canīt
be modified.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

--
xpucto
xpucto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23748

xpucto

Is there some kinf of options to protect all hidden columns? Or to
protect functions?

--
xpucto
xpucto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23748
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374127

Dave Peterson

Cells are locked or unlocked.
Worksheets are protected or not protected.

If you lock all the cells you want to stop changes, then protect the sheet,
won't you have what you need?

In xl2002+, you can allow some users (who know a password) to change certain
ranges. But I don't see how that would affect any locked cell on a protected
sheet (if you didn't use this extra granularity feature).