tonyburtt

Default Can I upgrade from Works 3.0b to Excel

I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or do
I need to buy the full version?
Nick Hodge

Tony

MS stopped the upgrade from Works at version 7 Office 95...sorry

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"tonyburtt" wrote in message
I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or
do
I need to buy the full version?

garfield-n-odie

http://www.microsoft.com/office/exce...y/default.mspx lists the
qualifying products for upgrade to Excel 2003. The list includes Works
6.0 or later, Office 97 or later, or Excel 97 or later. Word 2000
qualifies if you have it as part of Office 2000 or Works Suite 2001, but
does not qualify by itself. Works 3.0 does not qualify.

tonyburtt wrote:

I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or do
I need to buy the full version?

Nick Hodge

It's interesting to note they added Works back in at all...it was removed a
year or so back

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

tonyburtt wrote:

I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or
do I need to buy the full version?

Dave Peterson

Maybe you can visit eBay and get a qualifying product on the cheap (xl97???).

Then upgrade from there.

Alternatively, maybe you qualify for the student/teacher version/discount.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/student.mspx