-   -   numeric format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27816-numeric-format.html)

Rocket J Squirrel

numeric format

Is there a way to set the default numeric format so that 0s in front of
the number show in the cells? E.g., if I input 0033421, the cell shows
33421 UNLESS I put an apostrophe in front of it, as in '0033421. I'd
like to skip the apostrophe if possible.

bigwheel

"Rocket J Squirrel" wrote:

Is there a way to set the default numeric format so that 0s in front of
the number show in the cells? E.g., if I input 0033421, the cell shows
33421 UNLESS I put an apostrophe in front of it, as in '0033421. I'd
like to skip the apostrophe if possible.

Select FormatCells and go to NumberCategoryCustom then clear the Type
field and enter some 0's and watch what happens to the sample. When it
displays what you want to see, click OK

Rocket J Squirrel

bigwheel wrote:
"Rocket J Squirrel" wrote:

Is there a way to set the default numeric format so that 0s in front of
the number show in the cells? E.g., if I input 0033421, the cell shows
33421 UNLESS I put an apostrophe in front of it, as in '0033421. I'd
like to skip the apostrophe if possible.

Select FormatCells and go to NumberCategoryCustom then clear the Type
field and enter some 0's and watch what happens to the sample. When it
displays what you want to see, click OK

Thanx. I'll try it tommorrow.