-   -   dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27796-re-dates.html)

donna

dates

Hey Leith - I left D7 blank and entered the formula in the other cells.
The only thing is that it comes up with a date code ie 38507. How can I
change this to show the date ie July 30, 2005. Thanks a lot for your
help!! :)

Donna
from BC

--
donna
donna's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23725

donna

I have finally figured out how to do this and everything works fine
except for one thing. When I remove a date from what is now D7 all the
other cells (D10,D14, D16 etc) show the word "false". The word "false"
only disappears when I enter a date into D7. Since the user is going
into the document with nothing in D7 I want the other cells to be blank
as well. This is the coding that I used - [cell D10] =IF(D7,D7+30),
[cell D12] =IF(D7,D7+45), [cellD14]=IF(D7,D7+60).......
Can anyone help?

thanks a million!

donna

--
donna
donna's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374029

Cutter

You need the 2 quotation marks that Leith showed you.

Instead of your formula in D10 being =if(D7,D7+30)
you have to change it to =IF(D7,D&+30,"")

The IF formula needs to know what to do for True (that's the D7+30)
part and what to do for False (that's where the "" comes in). The
double quotations is Excel's way of saying make the cell blank.

And I assume you got the date code formatted to show the date the way
you want it.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374029

donna

Thank you so much Cutter! Worked like a charm and now I am good to go!
And yes, I did figure out the date code format part on my own. :)

--
donna
donna's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374029

Cutter

You're quite welcome. Always glad to help a fellow Canuck.