-   -   Cell formats, and time difference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27793-cell-formats-time-difference.html)

Peter Kirk

Cell formats, and time difference

Hi,
some simple questions which I hope someone can help with...

I am using excel on a computer with "danish locale". This means that numbers
are displayed default like 1234,56. How do I change this to a format using a
decimal point (instead of a comma)?

How do I find the difference between to times? I have cells which just have
times (not dates), and I want to find the difference between two times in
hours. For example cells with 08:00 and 09:30 should give a difference of
1.5
Excel help gives an example like =TEXT(B2-A2,"h"), but this gives an
error...

Thanks,
Peter

Bob Phillips

Peter,

I believe that you need to change the Regional settings in the control
panel. On the Regional Options tab, go to Customize.

For time, just subtract and multiply by 24 =(b2-A2)*24, and make sure the
cell is formatted as General not time.

--

HTH

RP