-   -   remove hidden data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27709-remove-hidden-data.html)

tamar

remove hidden data

I meant to re-save my spreadsheet, but I accidentally hit "Remove hidden
data" in the File menu. I hit cancel once it started scanning my file. I'm
not sure what happened, but it seems like my file was moved to a temporary
internet folder. I can't find my original file where it was previously
saved. Does anybody know anything about this?

Dave Peterson

Is this the MS addin to remove potentially sensitive data from Office documents?

If yes, (I've never used it), but there are a bunch of links he
http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...hidden+data%22
(one line in your browser)

But if I were searching for a missing file, I'd use
windows start button|search
look for *.xls
or
look for files updated within the last xx days.

or even the name of the file if you remember it.

--

Dave Peterson