-   -   Calculate number of days in a column of dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27654-calculate-number-days-column-dates.html)

Barbara

Calculate number of days in a column of dates

Hi,

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year (those days can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month and by year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Bob Phillips

Hi Barbara,

A bit more detail please.

Does a cell in that column contain many dates or just 1?

If the former, give an example of how you would manually calculate the
production days with say 3 dates in the cell, and how the dates are
differentiated.

If the latter, what signifies a start date and what an end date?

Do start and end dates get included?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year (those days

can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month and by

year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Barbara

Hi Bob, thaks for your reply. I' ll be more specific giving you part of my
sheet.

05-01-2004 Vigaria
05-01-2004 Vigaria
06-01-2004 Vigaria
06-01-2004 Vigaria
06-01-2004 Vigaria
06-01-2004 Vigaria
07-01-2004 Vigaria
07-01-2004 Vigaria
08-01-2004 Vigaria
08-01-2004 Vigaria
08-01-2004 Vigaria
08-01-2004 Vigaria
09-01-2004 Cabouca
09-01-2004 Vigaria
09-01-2004 Vigaria
12-01-2004 Cabouca

Here, we have 6 days of production. Hope that you can help me.

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year (those days

can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month and by

year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Bob Phillips

Is this simply the highest date less the lowest? If so, then

=NETWORKDAYS(MIN(A1:A1000),MAX(A1:A1000))

NETWORKDAYS is part of the analysis toolpak add-in, so that must be
installed.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is

introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year (those

days
can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month and

by
year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Barbara

Hi again,

I still have a problem!!!
in this list, with your formula, it returns 16 days. But the right answer is
14. Why? How can I have the right answer?
02-Dez
02-Dez
02-Dez
02-Dez
02-Dez
02-Dez
02-Dez
02-Dez
03-Dez
07-Dez
07-Dez
09-Dez
10-Dez
10-Dez
13-Dez
13-Dez
13-Dez
14-Dez
14-Dez
15-Dez
15-Dez
15-Dez
15-Dez
16-Dez
16-Dez
17-Dez
17-Dez
17-Dez
20-Dez
20-Dez
21-Dez
21-Dez
21-Dez
21-Dez
21-Dez
22-Dez
22-Dez
23-Dez
23-Dez

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is

introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year (those

days
can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month and

by
year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Bob Phillips

Barbara,

Is this because NETWORKDAYS is including both the start and end dates as
part of the difference, and you just want the days between? If so, I was
going to say just subtract 2 from it, but just in case the max or Min dates
are weekend days then use

=NETWORKDAYS(MIN(A1:A1000),MAX(A1:A1000))-(WEEKDAY(MIN(A1:A1000),2)<6)-(WEEK
DAY(MAX(A1:A1000),2)<6)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is

introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year

(those
days
can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month

and
by
year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Barbara

Bob,
The problem here is because there are no records for 6-dec and 8-dec which
are week days.

Is there any other way to calculate the number of days introduced in my sheet?

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is
introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year

(those
days
can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month

and
by
year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

bj

another thing which can happen is if there are days with no production which
is not a holiday or week end, the network days will give a high answer

something which might work is
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000<A2:A1001),--(A1:A1000<""))
if all of the dates are in order.

"Barbara" wrote in message

I have a sheet with a column "Day" where the production date is
introduced
for each mouvement (5-1-04; 6-1-04, 6,2,04...) along the year

(those
days
can
be repeated according to the production).
I need to calculate how many days of production there is by month

and
by
year.
Can somebody help me????
Tks.
Barbara

Bob Phillips

Hi again Barbara,

So you just want to count the unique dates, including Sat and Sun?

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000<"")/COUNTIF(A1:A1000,A1:A1000&""))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips