Brian Keanie

Default Group Sheets

Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?

Thanks

RagDyer

Non-contiguous sheets:
Hold down <Ctrl, and click in each tab that you wish to group.

Contiguous:
Click in the first tab, hold down <Shift, click in the last tab.

Each grouped sheet will display "[Group]" appended to the sheet name in the
title bar.

Don;t forget to "UnGroup" when you're done, or you'll end up with a big mess
if you continue to make revisions to what you later think is a single sheet.
--

HTH,

RD

"Brian Keanie" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?

Thanks

JulieD

Hi Brian

yes, you can group sheets by clicking on the sheet tab of the first sheet
and holding down either the SHIFT key and clicking on the last tab that you
want selected - this will select all the tabs between these two, or holding
down the CONTROL key and clicking in turn on the other tabs to add to the
group.

Once the tabs are grouped you can add / delete rows, type text, apply
formatting - whatever.

To ungroup them, just click on one of the tabs, or if that doesn't work,
right mouse click on a sheet tab and choose Ungroup.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Brian Keanie" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Click on the first worksheet tab and ctrl-click on the subsequent.

Then any change you do to one will be done to all in that group.

But be careful. If you forget to ungroup, you could do more damage than you
expect!

Just rightclick on any of the grouped worksheets and select "Ungroup Sheets"

Brian Keanie wrote:

Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Brian Keanie

Thanks to each who responded. I have tried your suggestions .... all of
which seem to work as I expected but they seem limited to one different
command at a time and revert back to single sheets after each "group"
command. Is that as good as it gets?

"RagDyer" wrote in message
[...]

Brian Keanie

Just a simple insert row command. Once the row has been inserted and I touch
the tab of one of the sheets to work on that particular sheet I need to
reselect all the sheets I want to group again before I could, lets say,
insert a column.

"RagDyer" wrote in message
[...]

Ragdyer

"Touching" the sheet tab is what's causing the "Group" to*ungroup*.
This usually happens if all the sheets in the WB are grouped.

Why are you trying to select a different tab when your original intention is
to revise all the sheets at the same time?

Don't go back and forth, between global and local revisions.

Group the sheets, work on all the global revisions, *then* ungroup and
proceed with any local revisions.
--

"RagDyer" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson

A couple of workarounds.

Insert a dummy sheet that you won't include in the grouping. Then you can
select any of the grouped sheets and not lose the "groupedness".

Or rightclick on any of the grouped worksheets--hit escape to dismiss that
popup.

"RagDyer" wrote in message
[...]

Ragdyer

I'm still a little hung-over, so I'm unable (at this time) to fathom the
reason behind a change in the sheet focus of a group, since any and all
changes, in such a scenario, will still be global.

RD

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Non-contiguous sheets:
Hold down <Ctrl, and click in each tab that you wish to group.

Contiguous:
Click in the first tab, hold down <Shift, click in the last tab.

Each grouped sheet will display "[Group]" appended to the sheet

name
in
the
title bar.

Don;t forget to "UnGroup" when you're done, or you'll end up with

big
mess
if you continue to make revisions to what you later think is a

single
sheet.
--

HTH,

RD
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may

benefit!

"Brian Keanie" wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or

delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the

group?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Well, I guess I'm a belt and suspenders man. I sometimes (always????) like to
check to see if I deleted what I meant to delete.

Trust excel, but cut the cards.

(If that makes any sense at all.)