-   -   Default User Defined Functions - How? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27578-default-user-defined-functions-how.html)

flycast

Default User Defined Functions - How?

I have some user defined functions that I use quite often. I want to have all
my user defined functions accessable by any workbook that I start at any
time. I do not want to have to open a module that contains the functions and
copy and paste then inside the new workbook.

How con I make all my user defined functions show up in the user defined
function section by default?

Thanks,
Eric

Peo Sjoblom

Save them as *.xla (save asadd-in), then check them under toolsadd-ins

Regards,

Peo sjoblom

"flycast" wrote:

I have some user defined functions that I use quite often. I want to have all
my user defined functions accessable by any workbook that I start at any
time. I do not want to have to open a module that contains the functions and
copy and paste then inside the new workbook.

How con I make all my user defined functions show up in the user defined
function section by default?

Thanks,
Eric

Chip Pearson

Store them in your personal.xls workbook, typically located in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart and make this
workbook hidden.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"flycast" wrote in message
I have some user defined functions that I use quite often. I
want to have all
my user defined functions accessable by any workbook that I
start at any
time. I do not want to have to open a module that contains the
functions and
copy and paste then inside the new workbook.

How con I make all my user defined functions show up in the
user defined
function section by default?

Thanks,
Eric

flycast

Thanks for the reply...both of you.

Follow up question...
I I use one method or the other. Say I create a workbook that uses some of
the formulas and then send that workbook to a coworker, will my formulas go
with it or will it end up displaying a #name error?

Thanks,
Eric

Dave Peterson

If they don't have the addin, then they'll get errors.