-   -   how to automatically color a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27496-how-automatically-color-cell.html)

jacko

how to automatically color a cell

can i do that? my requirement is, based on a criteria (IF), if the criteria
is true then color the cell with color (any color)

Example: IF(A4=A5,red_color,no_fill)

if color code is required in this, pls do help to let me know how to get the
color code too...

billion thanks to expert out there :)

Hi
Have a look at Format|Conditional Formatting. Look here for an intro:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm

--
Andy.

"jacko" wrote in message
can i do that? my requirement is, based on a criteria (IF), if the
criteria
is true then color the cell with color (any color)

Example: IF(A4=A5,red_color,no_fill)

if color code is required in this, pls do help to let me know how to get
the
color code too...

billion thanks to expert out there :)

bj

Check conditional formating in help

<format<Conditional formating
formula is A4=A5
and set format how you want it.

"jacko" wrote:

can i do that? my requirement is, based on a criteria (IF), if the criteria
is true then color the cell with color (any color)

Example: IF(A4=A5,red_color,no_fill)

if color code is required in this, pls do help to let me know how to get the
color code too...

billion thanks to expert out there :)

jacko

billion thanks!!