-   -   recurring dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27390-recurring-dates.html)

sonoundio

recurring dates

I need to be able to set set a deadline based on prior dates. These can go
back years. I would like to set up a current 'next appointment, for instance
ever 90 days, based on a date of arrival. For example, if date of arrival is
2/13/03, how do I make a formula that is effective now. In other words, the
cell updates to a new deadline every ninety days, and stays current.
Thanks a bunch.

PC

Maybe this which calculates the number of 90 day periods that have elapsed
since the start date.

=(FLOOR((A1-TODAY())/90,1)+1)*90+A1

Understand though that working with dates is tricky. There is a big
difference between 90 days, 3 months and one quarter of a year so if you
weren't looking for exactly 90 day intervals this probably won't meet your
needs.

PC