-   -   Sort Ascending button - Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27378-sort-ascending-button-excel-2003-a.html)

Ann Scharpf

Sort Ascending button - Excel 2003

My office has just deployed Office 2003 (migrated from 97) and I am still
getting used to some differences. The Sort Ascending button is behaving
differently and I'm not sure if there's a setting somewhere to govern this...

Used to be if you had a contiguous block of cells, you could click a SINGLE
cell in the column you wanted to sort on. The data in the whole (contiguous)
table would sort but the HEADER ROW would stay in place.

Now, when I click Sort Ascending, the sort is including the header row and
moving it out of row 1. Is there a way to control this? I've searched the
help, dialog boxes and the newsgroups but I'm not seeing anything so far.

I realize I can do CTRL-A, DATA SORT ... but that's a lot more keystroking
than just clicking the A-Z button!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ann Scharpf